Thursday, July 9, 2009

A sneak peek into Zapman Remastered

I've recently been giving you sneak peeks into the upcoming comics I've written or am in the process of writing. Well, today I'm going to talk a little more in depth than I have in the past. Because the story is Zapman Remastered. This is a much improved retelling of H&I issues 3 & 4 sometimes referred to as "Comic #2".

I have recently been made aware that the original Zapman is actually the all time favorite for some of our fans. Well, it is my all time least favorite. My writing was immature and much of what I wanted to convey when I began writing was lost.

So, this leaves me with a bit of a dilemma for the re-write. On one hand I have the fervent need to make this the story I had originally set out to make. While on the other hand, I must try my best to stay true to the elements of the original that made it so memorable to many. To be totally honest I think the true reason the original one was so funny was due mostly to my brother, Andy and his Indigo inflections. I have polled some fans to see what exactly they liked the most about the original, and I am weaving those elements into this new version.

However, I am my biggest critic, and I want to write something that I like and I am proud of. So, what can you expect to see in Zapman Remastered that is different from the original? Well, firs off as I had previously mentioned in my post "2006 Remastered?" it will be a 3 issue story instead of a 2 issue story.

Part One is mostly a whole new adventure featuring a brawl between Glomo and our heroes, and a much more proper introduction of Blonde Damsel. Only at the very end of part one will we get to see Zapman in all his remastered glory! I have finished writing part one and I am very pleased with it. It was incredibly fun to turn back the dial of time, if you will, and broaden the scope of Twin City before super villains had run amuk and a whole slew of other superheroes had been created.

Part Two is about half way done in the writing process and this is where I've begun weaving in those things you adored about the first one, but with a new flavor and hopefully many more laughs. I'm not going to give away too much, but I've also added the foundation for the animosity between Indigo and Blonde as well as amped up the "girl power" of Miss Damsel. But that's all I'm going t devulge for now, because I need to leave you wanting more, so you'll be excited when Zapman Remastered hits the bit-stream, most likely early 2010!

-Jason Kuder

No comments:

Post a Comment