Monday, August 8, 2011

Zelda 25th Anniversary

As a Legend of Zelda fan for most of my life, I have been following the anticipated release of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.  Nintendo is being very coy about keeping the release date unknown, by simply saying "Holiday 2011".  Today I received an email from Nintendo (yeah, I'm on their mailing list) about the launch of their new Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary website.  I decided to check it out and was not too impressed.  Yes it is a nice looking website, and it does give a simple description and release date for all of the Legend of Zelda games (with the Holiday 2011 date still attached to Skyward Sword), but I didn't see anything new.  To me, it looks like they simply compiled some images and videos and put them onto one site.  If you haven't been following any of the publicity around Ocarina of Time 3DS or Skyward Sword, or are curious about the multiple Zelda games released over the past 25 years, it is worth taking a look, but if you regularly visit sites like zeldadungeon.net and follow the publicity, there's nothing new.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment