Thursday, March 5, 2015

Introducing Tom Cox: Senior VP and Chief Brand Officer

I guess the first thing I need to do is introduce myself. My name is Tom Cox, and I am the Senior VP and Chief Brand Officer here at 3twins. I started as a voice actor and consultant to 3twins many a moon ago. Over the course of the last several years, I have taken on more responsibility; however, my latest set of responsibilities has proven to be the most daunting. Daunting, not because I can’t do what is asked or that I lack any of the skills necessary to do so, but daunting because of the shoes I have to fill.

Many of you know by now that one of our founders, Andy Kuder, passed away recently in a tragic accident. Andy was a force here at 3twins—constant, level-headed, and the chief go-to for Jason concerning everything administrative, story-related, or having to do with characterization. He also wore many other hats. There is simply no way that one person could ever take over all of the roles that Andy played. That was uniquely Andy.
Following Andy's passing, we all knew that he would want this business to continue, but the question was how in the world could we possibly make up for all that Andy had contributed to the group?

The only solution was to divide up his responsibilities among several of us, and even then, we knew it would be a challenge. Andy was a great man. Great father, great husband, great brother, great leader…I could go on, but I think you get the picture. And that leads us to where we are now. It has fallen upon me to take on the administrative duties that Andy had. Impossible? No. Challenging? Definitely! I am ready for the challenge, though, and I just hope to make Andy and the rest of the company proud with what I achieve. So here is to new challenges and, most of all, to you, Andy. Cheers!

Author: Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment