Thursday, August 7, 2014

Humble Beginnings



Last week, I posted about two of the forgotten characters from concept to creation of our web cartoon, Midieville.  This week, I’d like to talk about the origins of the world containing Midieville.  The original concept of Midieville came to me after I had immersed myself in the worlds of Earthsea, Middle-Earth, and Narnia.  I was especially interested in the vast lands that spread across these worlds.
A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. Le Guin, was my first adventure into a fantasy land.  It was actually a reading assignment in one of my 7th grade classes.  This inspired me to read the Chronicles of Narnia, and The Hobbit (I tried to read The Lord of the Rings, but was quickly overwhelmed by all the expansive vocabulary, for my young mind).  As I grew into adulthood, I continued to venture into many fiction novels, but I was always fascinated with the fantastical realms.
If you haven’t taken the time to read a book lately, might I suggest reading A Wizard of Earthsea. It’s a great tale that highly inspired the realm of Midieville, and our upcoming game Of Mages & Pages.

~Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment